MDoutlook proudly continues our innovative initiative of syndicated research analyzing the clinical impact of new data presented at the 2016 ASCO Annual Meeting®. Supporting the entire cancer community and building on nearly 40 analyses since 2008, this is the first report in our 2016 series covering new clinical data presented in Chicago.
This OncoPoll™ focuses on the gastrointestinal tumors, focusing on 4 abstracts in colorectal and pancreatic cancers. Our most recent research from 134 global oncologists managing GI cancer patients uncovers that:
• Data presented in 3 abstracts on primary tumor sidedness in metastatic colorectal cancer is reported as clinically meaningful.
• Changes in treatment selections will primarily occur only for left-sided tumors, with a 38% increase in the use of FOLFOX or FOLFIRI + cetuximab, with a 9% decrease in the use of bevacizumab in these patients
• Oncologists assign high importance to data presented on the addition of capecitabine to gemcitabine in the adjuvant setting for resected pancreatic cancer
• Gemcitabine + capecitabine (GEMCAP) is expected to become the standard of care in the adjuvant setting for resectable pancreatic cancer, with ~ half of all patients receiving it moving forward
• Integration of these results into clinical practice are going to happen in relatively short order, especially since agents are already widely available and in use
Download your complimentary copy of our report MDoutlook June 2016 Oncopoll – GI Cancers.
MDoutlook continues its commitment to all stakeholders involved in the management of cancer to provide actionable and timely insight. As in previous years, we work with Oncology Business Review to share this important research with the cancer community.
To discuss your oncology and disease intelligence needs, please contact us at email@example.com or +1.404.496.4136. Thank you!