Novel global marketing intelligence platform, MDOUTLOOK®, delivers clinical oncology insight: Oncologists view personal and external sources of information as most important for news from the annual meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncology.
Alpharetta, GA, United States – October 14, 2008
MDoutlook today released a report focusing on the oncologist view and usage of clinical information stemming from the annual meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO). This inaugural study, based upon responses from 408 medical oncologists and hematologists (U.S., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK) examines how clinicians viewed the 2008 annual meeting of ASCO (American Society of Clinical Oncology) and how it fits into today’s clinical practice.
Study Highlights include:
- Oncologists use multiple communication sources (up to ten) to learn about the developments reported at ASCO. Interpreted reports, reviews post-ASCO and personal communication with other oncologists, following the meeting, are the most frequently used methods of learning.
- The size and scope of a large meeting like ASCO make physicians focus on sessions committed to specific therapy areas.
- European oncologists in the study were almost 50% more likely to attend ASCO than American oncologists.
- Developments in gastrointestinal cancers and hematologic malignancies are the most likely to have significant and immediate impact in clinical practice. Respondents see progress being made in all oncology therapy areas and will be adopting this into clinical practice.
- Continuous education and practical feedback of current practices are important for most practicing oncologists and hematologists.
“The launch of MDOUTLOOK® offers both disease treaters and life-science organizations an independent, expert-guided and multi-dimensional view of the marketplace,” says Jan Heybroek, President of The Arcas Group, LLC, which powers MDOUTLOOK.
“The program is initially launched in oncology, because it has characteristics as a complex, high-growth market with many treatment options, and a broad range of decision influences. This makes oncology an ideal disease area for this intelligence program. By combining different information sources (proprietary databases, exclusive clinician-reported data, public information) into one proprietary system, MDOUTLOOK delivers to its subscribers and panel members exclusive, real-time clinician-reported treatment data combined with unique perspective from prominent ThoughtLeaders.”
More information about the physician participation and learning from ASCO, and the medical interests and therapy highlights can be found in the detailed report. A copy can be obtained by contacting Jan Heybroek at +1.404.496.4136 or [email protected]