At MDoutlook, we have completed more than 230 research studies since 2008. A number of recent survey projects stand out because of the insight delivered to existing and new clients.
- For a major oncology client, we provided a critical understanding of how European and US cancer treaters are managing adverse events management associated with their product and others in the category. Separate analyses provided by treater segmentation and clinical setting (community vs. academic). Project was completed within 7 weeks.
- For a large diagnostics company, we conducted physician-nomination surveys focused on ThoughtLeaders in hematology, both US and Europe. The disease domain was Hodgkin’s and Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma and heme-pathologists were of key interest. Survey and analysis delivered within 6 weeks.
- For a product in clinical development for pancreatic cancer, we assessed the impact of new clinical data for a competitor presented at an international cancer conference. Of particular interest was the message adoption and likely effect on clinical decision making. Project timeline was less than 4 weeks.
- An established player wished to understand clinical needs and knowledge enhancement opportunities in one of the large cancers. The client specifically needed insight into the variations between US treater groups (medical oncologists vs surgical oncologists) and different treatment settings. Survey and analysis were completed within 6 weeks.
Contact us by email or phone (888.368.8466 / +1.404.496.4136) to discuss how our survey technology and access to a proprietary network of more than 1 million validated and verified physicians can provide you immediate answers to your key questions.
We understand our clients’ critical need to track product usage and treatment drivers on an on-going basis to monitor performance, fine-tune strategy and tactics and for long-term planning. To that end, MDoutlook offers a novel approach to deliver ground-level clinician data and analysis on clinical usage and treatment decision rationale in complex diseases.
Since 2009, MDoutlook has run Physician Treatment Decision panels in melanoma and other diseases. Following recent reporting of the market performance of Yervoy and Taflinar in the US melanoma market, we performed an analysis of the melanoma treatment decisions recorded in the US through our panels and were impressed with the accuracy and relevance of the panel’s reporting.
- Pharma Times On-line reported in July 2013 – “Yervoy second-quarter sales reached $233 million, up 44%”. Our analysis shows that the proportion of new patients receiving Yervoy as 1st line treatment increased by 43% in that same time period (see below).
- First Word– ViewPoints reported in October 2013 – “Early prescription data indicates GlaxoSmithKline’s new melanoma drugs are eroding sales of Roche’s Zelboraf. US prescription data (sourced from Bloomberg) indicates early erosion to Roche’s melanoma treatment Zelboraf at the hands of GlaxoSmithKline’s recently launched therapies Tafinlar and Mekinist. Approved for individual use – but with a supplementary application for combined use pending with the FDA – the data suggests that off-label combination use of GlaxoSmithKline’s drugs may already be occurring frequently.” Our analysis confirms the above and provides much more specific details (see below).
Created by disease, MDoutlook collects clinician-supplied treatment data via syndicated Physician Treatment Decision panels using proprietary technology. Uniquely, our methodology combines insight into the how and why patients are being treated, including rational for each clinical decision. This approach works in the US, Europe and beyond, and runs independent of EMRs to ensure that your specific data needs are fulfilled.
If you want to receive more information on how such insight can support your decision-making, please contact us by email or phone (888.368.8566 / +1.404.496.4136).