Today MDoutlook releases its third and final OncoPoll™ focusing on Melanoma. Exciting new data was presented at ASCO 2014, especially in the new area of immuno-oncology therapies.
Your complimentary report concludes that:
- Survey participants averaged 45 cases of melanoma each in the last 3 months
- Considering both clinical efficacy and potential adverse events, oncologists have given nivolumab + ipilimumab, nivolumab alone, and pembrolizumab very high ratings (>5 out of 7)
- Nearly twice as many BRAF wild-type patients compared to BRAF V600E/K patients are expected to receive an immune checkpoint inhibitor targeting the PD-1/PD-1L axis in their 1st line of treatment
- 93% of oncologists believe ipilimumab will be somewhat important to very important as an adjuvant treatment for stage III disease with improvements in RFS and OS
- Majority of oncologists (68%) believe that, if gaining regulatory approval, T-VEC will only impact a minority of patients with unresectable melanoma
The MDoutlook Annual OncoPoll™ Series are held after the largest international meetings of cancer professionals to establish and communicate key learnings and areas of important change in the management of cancer. Close to 200 oncologists from 27 countries spanning 4 continents responded directly after ASCO, the largest annual meeting of cancer professionals in the world.
We very much appreciate everyone’s contribution and collaboration, and are committed to advance research and treatment of cancer through widespread communication of this insight. Cancer is a leading cause of death globally and fast becoming the #1 cause in the United States. The WHO expects annual cancer cases to grow from 14 million in 2012 to 22 million in the next two decades.
We thank our partners at Oncology Business Review for their support in sharing our research through their network.
MDoutlook is disease intelligence redefined. Governed by top ThoughtLeaders and driven by in-house MD and PhD medical experts, MDoutlook® is powered by a proprietary, global cloud-based disease intelligence platform accessing 1M+ multi-disciplinary treaters of complex diseases, including cancer, hematology, auto-immune diseases.
Please contact us discuss how MDoutlook can answer your disease intelligence needs.