MDoutlook has released key insight from ESMO 2014, describing the significant clinical impact of new data presented in Breast Cancer (BRCA). Results from two key clinical trials (CLEOPATRA and CherLOB) have been reviewed and commented on by more than 100 medical oncologists focused on Breast Cancer from 29 countries.
Our most recent latest research uncovers that:
Impact of the Phase III Cleopatra Study:
• In the next year, 52% of EU/RoW oncologists expect to use Trastuzumab + Pertuzumab. Additionally, 55% of EU/RoW oncologists expect to use Trastuzumab emtansine for their HER2+ metastatic breast cancer patients (in all lines of therapy)
• In the next year, only 39% of US oncologists expect to use Trastuzumab + Pertuzumab for their HER2+ metastatic patients (in all lines of therapy), while 64% expect to use Trastuzumab emtansine
• When Trastuzumab + Pertuzumab is used, ~75% of both US and EU/RoW oncologists expect to use it as a first line therapy for their HER2+ metastatic patients (in all lines of therapy)
Impact of the CherLOB Study:
• The majority of US and EU/RoW oncologists believe the data presented in the CherLOB study is clinically important
• US oncologists intend to increase PIK3CA testing by ~400% for their early and metastatic breast cancer patients
• EU/RoW oncologists intend to increase PIK3CA testing for their early breast cancer patients by ~2200%
Request your complimentary copy of the 2014 ESMO OncoPoll – Breast Cancer report here. You will receive an email with the download link.
MDoutlook continues its commitment to all stakeholders involved in the management of cancer to provide meaningful, timely and relevant insight. As in previous years, we work with Oncology Business Review to share this important research with all our colleagues.
MDoutlook is disease intelligence redefined. Governed by top ThoughtLeaders and driven by in-house MD and PhD medical experts, MDoutlook® is powered by a proprietary, global cloud-based disease intelligence platform accessing 1M+ multi-disciplinary treaters of complex diseases, including cancer, hematology, auto-immune diseases.
Contact us to discuss how MDoutlook can answer your disease intelligence needs.